Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Why Am I Doing This?

Because I work in finance, I have a ton of people ask me, "What do I do?" and it brought me to thinking about how I am handling my own finances. In my research, I realized that I am lacking in many ways and I'm in finance!

Just like everything else in life, out of sight means out of mind. People don't start thinking about their finances until they're older because they feel their current situation does not allow for such "luxuries." Everyone's thoughts are, "I have a 401k and my employer handles that so I'll be okay when I get older." But all of a sudden, reality hits when somebody paints the grim picture and says how it SHOULD have been done and its already too late.

I'm creating this blog not just for everyone but for myself as well. Two things to remember, it is never too late or TOO EARLY (thx to my friend Cat for pointing that out) and there is no such thing as too small when it comes to saving!

"In order to succeed you must fail, so that you know what NOT to do next time." - Anthony J. D'Angelo

No comments:

Post a Comment